Jul 4, 2007

Canada Day Update

On the night of Canada day MA and I went up to the terrace on roof to celebrate with a few other IAESTE students. In the picture you can see Daniel (Columbia) with my mini-flag, MA (Canada), Fatima (Mexico) and myself.The other Columbians and Yashar (Iran) were also there earlier, before I decided to go down and grab my camera. MA and I spent about an hour telling them all about Canada, mostly the Monarchy.

Today I bought my train ticket for my trip to Krakow, Poland next week. It was only €79.00 and that includes two sleeper trains, with bunks (AKA we'll actually be able to sleep). I leave Vienna Thursday night, arrive in Krakow at 6am on Friday, then leave Sunday night, arriving in Vienna at 6am Monday morning. When in Krakow Henrik and I are going to Auschwitz and the old city on Friday, then MA and the other IAESTE students are going to arrive Friday night for the IAESTE Krakow weekend which involves tours, games, and parties. As most people are leaving early on Sunday, we should be able to spend the majority of the day checking out the city on our own.

This weekend is the IAESTE Vienna weekend, so I'm sure I'll have lots of stories and pictures of the 150+ people from IAESTEs all over the world who are coming to experience Vienna. I'm excited, there's a fair amount of stuff planned which I haven't done/seen yet.

In case I get distracted this weekend with all the activities planned, I just wanted to say Happy 80th Birthday Grandma! in advance, as its not actually until the 8th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe...Good to see your picture, and the new place looks wonderful.

I never thought the IAESTE program would include so many activities outside the work program. Enjoy every minute as I know you are...

Be safe. Love Mom xoxoxo

ps. The "girls" may be staying at Vic Hall this Saturday night while in Kingston.