Jun 27, 2007

Nothing like a 15+ hour workday

Right now its 5pm in Ontario, Canada, and people are just getting off work. However, despite the 6 hour time difference, I'm STILL at work! and have been since 8:45 this morning. The company I work for, ECHEM, has to submit a huge funding proposal tomorrow that could lead to the compnay doubling in size (and funding). Because my boss Rakesh and I are the only native English speakers in the company, we were asked to stay (at little late) and help edit.

The only good thing about this is that I got a free supper out of it, and if I end up working much later, I won't be coming in at all tomorrow.

One thing frightens me though, when I asked Rakesh how we were getting back to Vienna, he mentioned the 6am train. I really hope he was joking.

PS. It's now 2am and I'm still here...
PPS. It's 3:30am... and best case scenario home is still 1 hour away....

I ended up getting a ride home from a coworker, and thanks to an autobahn, got home by 4:30, in time to basically see the sunrise. And now, thanks to my well developed body clock it's only 9am but I'm wide awake, and tired. Maybe I'll have a nap in an hour or two, because I was planning on going to the Opera again tonight (Mozart's Magic Flute, €2.00), and don't think I could get through it with less than 3 hours sleep.

1 comment:

Jess said...

wow. we're on the same schedule for once.