Jun 15, 2007

A Change in Plans

So, I'm not going to Budapest this weekend. My Colombian coworkers went to get their tourist Visas from the Hungarian Embassy (I love being Canadian, no Visas!). Unfortunately, Carolina's Austrian residency permit expires in August, and therefore she's not allowed into Hungary. Gotta love that logic. So, instead we'll go on the IAESTE Budapest weekend, after Carolina gets her residency permit renewed until February.

Starting in July there are trips organised by IAESTE every weekend until the end of August. The destinations include: Krakow (Poland), Rijeka (Croatia), Linz (Austria), Osijek (Croatia), Prague (Czech Republik), Budapest (Hungary), Leoben (Austria), Zagreb (Croatia), Graz (Austria), Hiking in Slovakia, Innsbruck (Austria), Wroclaw (Poland), and Split (Croatia). Obviously, I don't have the time or money to go on ALL of the trips, but I'm going to try for as many as possible.

Tomorrow I'm going on a tour of the Opera House, it should be cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are the trips to Switzerland? Please tell me that you'll go sometime, whether it be on your own or organized. You really HAVE to see it! Best. Country. Ever.
-Jaymie

Megan Reilly said...

I can't even believe all the amazing opportunities you're getting to have.. It really shows how much all your hard work has truely payed off for you!!!!! You deserve it!!

KT said...

I am so jealous of you Jo being in Vienna. You know if you ever want to hang out with some local ppl I have a host sister that lives in Vienna. She is coming to visit us on the 29th of this month so if there was anything you wanted sent home let me know I could have her meet you or whatever. She's pretty cool, she was at St. Mary's in 2002-ish I think. Anyway yeah, even if you just wanted some ppl to hang out with she's pretty cool. How long are you staying in Vienna for? I feel so retarted I just stumbled on your blog today from facebook. Looks like you've found all the hot spots. I recommend going to the Spanish riding school to see their morning workout and what it entails, and maybe catching a performace. And go to Salzburg! Everything is amazing, seriously its a 4 hour train ride but its worth it. Don't forget to visit the Irish pubs there. Anywho I've written enough.
Katie Moss

Jess said...

i have a bunch of friends who have been to prague and all of them say it's absolutely gorgeous. you should hit up that one!

jealous. jealous. jealous.

-jess