Feb 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday Dad!

Sorry that your birthday wish isn't as cool as mom's was, but I really haven't been anywhere cool since being back. I probably could have gotten the King from Ghana to hold up a happy birthday sign, but I only thought of it the next day...

Wish I could be home, not only for your birthday, but also for my birthday dinner mom's planning for Sunday. To those of you in Canada who will be at my birthday dinner, have fun, I'm jealous.

Here in Vienna I'll be going out with friends and coworkers (who are also friends) on Saturday for dinner and then to our favourite Irish Pub. Then, the morning of my birthday some of us are going out to brunch at a restaurant where they have "Geburtstagkinder Essen Frei!" (birthday children eat free) painted on their window. Apparently the word "Geburtstagkinder" applies to everyone, not just children. So, free food! What more could I ask for?

My friend Ali from home comes in 9 days, can't wait for our adventure to start.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Holy hell you have a lot of dots on your map!! That's terrifying.....